Qua bài viết này viendongshop.vn xin chia sẻ với các bạn thông tin và kiến thức về Acrotray hot nhất hiện nay được bình chọn bởi người dùng
Adobe Acrobat is software that allows users to view, create, manipulate, print and manage files in PDF format. It is used in a variety of fields including business, IT, administrative services and educational documentation. However, users will get a software component named AcroTray installed with Adobe Acrobat. This program will load automatically on startup without any need for using it.
What is AcroTray.exe?
AcroTray (stands for Adobe Acrobat Tray Icon) is an extension of the Adobe Acrobat. It is used to open and convert PDF files to various formats. AcroTray will automatically startup when the operating system is booted. It will display notifications whenever a user tries to right-click or try to convert any PDF file. And it is also used to keep track of updates for Adobe Acrobat. You can locate this file in Acrobat installed directory.
Why do you need to Disable AcroTray Assistant from Startup?
There are several different reasons due to which users will want to disable this program from startup. Most of the reported reasons are:
Now that you have a basic understanding of the nature of the issue, we will move on towards the methods. Make sure to implement these in the specific order in which they are listed to prevent any conflicts.
Method 1: Disabling Adobe AcroTray from Task Manager
A simple method to disable startup programs will be disabling them in Task Manager. Task Manager has a tab for the startup; you can easily check AcroTray in the list and disable it. Before proceeding, make sure that Task Manager is run as administrator. Below you can follow the steps to apply this method:
- Hold Windows key and Press R to open Run, type taskmgr and Enter to open Task Manager.
- Go to the Startup tab in Task Manager and search for AcroTray.
- Right-click on AcroTray and choose Disable.
- Now when you restart PC, it won’t start up anymore.
Method 2: Disabling Adobe AcroTray by using Autoruns
Autoruns is a utility that allows you to track and control all programs that starts automatically with Windows startup. If you are unable to find the AcroTray in Task Manager or its not working, you can easily use this utility to turn it off for startup. Follow the steps below to download and use Autoruns utility:
- Go to the following link and download the latest version of utility: Autoruns
- Extract the downloaded file using WinRAR. (if you don’t have WinRar, just open the zipped folder by double-clicking)
- Now open the extracted folder, then right-click on the Autoruns64.exe and choose Run as Administrator.
- Search for Acrobat Assistant (AcroTray) and untick it from the list.
- Restart your computer and it won’t start up anymore.
Method 3: Disabling Adobe AcroTray from Services
In this method, you can change some of the Adobe services that are set to run automatically. Changing these services to manual can help in stopping the AcroTray from running at startup. Make sure you are logged into a Windows PC as an administrator before using this method.
Note: You might need to apply the Method 1 before this method.
- Hold Windows key and Press R to open Run, type service.msc and Enter.
- Search for “Adobe Acrobat Update” and “Adobe Genuine Software Integrity” services in the list, right-click on each of them (one by one) and choose Properties.
- Change the startup type to Manual for both.
- Restart PC and AcroTray probably won’t start anymore.